Superbowl fever & other rantings

While Indianapolis is getting ready for the Superbowl, people like me are getting ready to get it over with.  one of the main reasons being that I work in the heart of downtown where all the activities are happening currently.  While it is nice to see, commuting is EXTREMELY difficult with having majority of the roads closed.  Also, it's very distracting since weather is so nice and there's something going on in the downtown area ALL the time, you can hardly concentrate on work.



With that said, it will be exciting to see who takes home the trophy - on one hand, we have a MANNING! not THE Manning but still, same difference!  On the other hand, we have Brady - who most love to hate.  He's my personal favorite (only because he's just too cute and I can't resist that butt chin).  I'm cheering for the Giants though - My husband will be crushed if Patriots take it home on our home field - that would be just brutal given the wound is still fresh.

In other news, can't wait to go pick up my kiddo this weekend - it's funny though - once you have a kid, it's like you can't live with them OR without them.  When they're with you, you just want a breather and when they're away, you can't wait to hold them and hug them and kiss them.  I guess it holds true for anyone that you're close to and not just kids.  Kids are like crack, a weird sort of addiction - once you have one hit, knowing it's not good for you, you want more.

They get on your nerves to no end, but then give that one smile or a hug & a kiss that just makes it all worth it.  There's so much to learn from them.  I love looking at the world from my little one's perspective - everything is new and exciting - the world is a colorful place that they want to gobble up with a spoon.  Only a kid will enjoy an expensive swing set as much as they would a small bug - there's not a care in the world - you eat, sleep, poop when and how you want to.  I don't know why anyone would want to grow up to be honest.

In other rantings, As much as I don't want to be materialistic or sound like one, I do wish sometimes that us humans didn't have to worry about money - then we could buy, wear, do whatever we want without a care in the world.  Of course, that's not the reality - the reality is that we do have to worry about money and how & where we spend it because we have something called BILLS, BILLS BILLS!! 

The reason I bring that up is because there're so many projects I'd like to start in our home, but what stops me is the $$ - Do I really want to spend that amount of money for change we don't really need? I don't consider myself cheap or frugal by any means; I mean I spend lavishly where I feel the need and donate as much as I can - it's the need vs. want that stops me from taking up projects that involve large amount of $.