It's hard being a Vegetarian

I am one of those individuals that’s vegetarian not because of my religion but by choice.  I used to eat anything and everything, until ‘ignorance wasn’t a bliss’ anymore – I discovered exactly how animals were being treated and how we get actually got our meat (contrarily to what I believed, they’re not happy cows willing to sacrifice their lives with a smile on their face).  Anyway, once I ‘grew up’ and learned of all the cruelty in this world, I naturally stopped and gave up everything and became Vegan (until I got pregnant – then started only organic dairy products).


Well, all was well until recently, when I came across some information on an ingredient called Gelatin.  I cannot believe I was so dense and did not realize that Gelatin is not a vegetarian or vegan product! I was horrified and started paying attention to everything I ate.  Unfortunately, most of my favorites: Yogurt, Multigrain Whole-wheat bread, pizza, pasta, puddings, etc. include this darn Gelatin.  

Eating everything makes me nauseous now.  I don’t want to relish on something at the cost of someone’s pain; I’d much rather starve to death.  This is the same reason why I refuse to buy diamonds (after watching the movie – Blood Diamond). 

As I’m maturing, I realize that this world is cruel and cold place that has no value for life, human or otherwise.  I have no idea what I’m going to do about my eating habits, but if salads is all I can eat for the rest of life, I’ll have to do just that. 

In other news, What a beautiful but oh so foggy morning