O's first baking project: Banana Bread

It's projects like these that make me appreciate blogging.  I can keep this as a memory for my kiddo forever (hopefully).  

O's really been into assisting me in cooking lately, so I thought of doing a baking project together; we had a super ripe banana ready to be eaten or wasted so thought of making a banana bread.

Since we don't eat eggs in our household, I had to do a bit of search to find that perfect recipe that would give me the end result similar to the original recipe and I believe we found it - We used a recipe that calls for no eggs or BUTTER! which can be found here.  We just cut the recipe in half and substituted walnuts instead of almonds and completely omitted raisins since I've never had raisins in Banana Bread.  

While I measured out the necessary ingredients and handed it to O while gently guiding him, he did all the mixing, pouring, smashing, etc.  

I completely give him credit for the way this turned Banana Bread turned out - we devoured it tonight as a dessert with some Vanilla ice cream and it was Delish!






O excited looking at the finished product.