Thursday Tip - Cleaning makeup brushes


As a teen, I loved wearing makeup but as i got older, I wasnt so into it and preferred the natural look for the most part.  i am now again loving the whole makeup thing; only difference is, I now know better than to pick up anything and everything thats cheap :-)

coming onto the subject, I've also learned the do's and don'ts of proper makeup application & that's where cleaning makeup brushes plays an important part. It is one of the most crucial yet overlooked tasks; probably because most people consider it to be lengthy and tedious process or don't realize how much we're hurting ourselves and our skin by not taking the time to wash our brushes.

It's really easy to be honest.  I have recently learned that a gentle shampoo or dish soap and EVOO(Extra Virgin Olive Oil) is all that is required to thoroughly clean your makeup brushes.  I just mix the 2 ingredients and then dip the brush in it and then rub it on my palm gently yet thoroughly.  I then wash it off with clean water and let is dry.