O's meal - Cracked wheat mush?

Happy Friday :-) Yayyyy!! We have a mini trip coming up this weekend to Boone, NC - looking forward to the drive and just change of scene.

On to the subject..

One good thing about O is that every food that I introduced to him as an infant, he still craves and loves even now as a toddler.

One of the first meals I introduced to O was cracked wheat in a soup form.  He loved it and so I started experimenting different recipes with it.  1 cup serving of cracked wheat contains 151 calories and less than 1 g of fat (According to Fitness magazine).  It contains protein, carbs, and a healthy serving of fiber.  Fiber as we know helps you in maintaining healthy digestion.

O's been under the weather lately so I thought this would be a perfect little bowl of love to help him gain some energy back.

I've made various recipes using Cracked wheat and this one happens to be quick and obviously healthy.  I don't know what else to call it so I call it 'Mush' :)  I temper a pinch of cumin seeds in EVOO along with curry leaf and saute' tomatoes, green bell peppers and (whatever other veggies available at the moment) sprouted moong.  I then add a few heaping TBSP of finely cracked wheat (found in Indian or organic grocery stores), pinch of salt and let it simmer for a couple of minutes - I then add just enough water and bring it to boil (about 5 minutes) and voila...it's done :)

Mommy and Kiddo both are happily satisfied :-)